FB

Follow Me on Twitter: twitter.com/danboschert

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Curious.......very curious.

My mind can't help but wander from time to time. The fact that my helpless wandering has become more and more frequent is what worries me. I think of this and that, and that and this. My mind never shuts off, never slows down, never stops. Half of the time I am contemplating important things, the other half I am thinking about pointless movie quotes. I guess it's a good thing, but sometimes I just want to be so dumb that my brain doesn't care if it is stagnant and turning to mush.

So while thinking, about whatever topic I may have in my head at the time, I go through the many scenarios in which said topic will play out. My thoughts are more long term than short, and my movie quotes are more comedy than any other genre.

Now that I have given you a very vague insight into my brain, you can come along on a pointless magical journey.

Our journey begins on a mystic mountain top, where lamas dance and dwarfs work the lights. I know you are now wondering, "who is the DJ of this rocking event?" The answer is quite simple really: Captain Planet. The music choice of the evening is obviously 80's alternative, with disco ball in tow. 

After the party, CP takes off to perform whatever politically driven tasks he has been assigned, the dwarf returns to the caves, and the lama runs into the sunset. 

The event was a fundraiser feebly attempting to return CP's mediocre show onto the air. It wasn't a total bust though. Alf showed up half lit, and they raised a total of $13.00.

The story sounded much better in my head, trust me. So now I am wondering, where has Captain Planet been? By now I would guess that he has given up on the environment. There isn't much left to save, and he isn't a real super hero. He probably spent a while hopped up on the devils lettuce and eating vegan food while growing a sick nasty all natural beard. Even Captain Planet can only be all natural for so long, so he most likely makes the switch to a synthetic drug like meth, and OD's on some Walter White pure blue.

Sometimes transitions aren't easy, and this one is no different. It's Harry Potter time folks. Okay I'm not gonna go to far into a Hogwartz coma and go super nerd, but I do feel like you guys should know what my favorite part of any of the movies is. It is understated and elegant and gives me goosebumps every time: (Via IMDB quotes)

Mr. Ollivander: Curious... very curious...
Harry: Sorry, but what's curious?
Mr. Ollivander: I remember every wand I've ever sold, Mr. Potter. It so happens that the phoenix whose tailfeather resides in your wand gave another feather... just one other. It is curious that you should be destined for this wand when its brother gave you that scar.
Harry: And who owned that wand?
Mr. Ollivander: We do not speak his name! The wand chooses the wizard, Mr. Potter. It's not always clear why. But I think it is clear that we can expect great things from you. After all, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named did great things. Terrible! Yes. But great.

GOLD, PURE DAMN GOLD!
I love all of those movies but I could watch that scene on loop until I die.

When I start to talk about things that not only don't make any sense, but have no actual relevance to anything whatsoever, aside from producing run on sentences, (like this one), I tend to dig deep and bring up moves or shows from my childhood. Enter : "A Pigs Tale".
 
I watched this movie many times as a young kid. A cliche tale of kids at summer camp and the wacky experiences they had. I never had the chance to attend a summer camp as a child, so I found myself clinging to any movie about summer camp. Luckily as a 90's kid I has about a billion summer camp movies to chose from. This film had it all, the ghost stories, bullying, capture the flag, forbidden love, all of it. If you haven't seen it I do suggest watching it immediately, I give it my personal endorsement. Also "heavyweights" is great, more mainstream and probably seen by all, but still great. 

Well if you don't feel dumb after reading this, read it again or read another one of my blogs and you should. If you liked anything you read feel free to share. Stay thirsty my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment