FB

Follow Me on Twitter: twitter.com/danboschert

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Amare Stoudemire is a BAMF

Following the New York Knicks  104-94 road loss to the heat on Monday, Amare Stoudemire did more to earn my respect than anything else in his 10 year career. After the game 2 defeat, Amare punched the glass out of a fire extinguisher enclosure, consequently cutting his hand, which now requires stitches, leaving him questionable for the remainder of the season. What multiple articles and reports all seem to focus on is the selfishness and stupidity of his Swayze-esque actions. I see it differently. For too long professional athletes have taken for granted the sports they once loved. It is refreshing to see someone angry at the result of a game, and expressing some kind of passion or emotion. Sure he diced up his hand, and may not play, but let's be honest here, the Knicks had no chance anyway. This glass breaking left jab has also surfaced more talk of the ineffectiveness of the Stoudemire-Carmelo duo. I sarcastically think to my self, "What? Teaming two no defense playing, isolation players together without a pass first point guard doesn't work? Coulda fooled me." Carmelo Anthony is garbage, and overrated. If I am choosing which one to keep it has to be Amare, because at least he isn't a emotionless robot. Countless times I find myself striking things after I lose a game, and I am playing in middle school gym's in Alaska. I couldn't imagine how mad I would be after losing a NBA playoff game. Plus, as a young child I bet he dreamed of punching through some sort of glass object, like Stallone or Van Dam, so really he killed two birds with one stone here, great multitasking if you ask me. So take it easy on him, he was just being human. Columnist' use that one liner "We expect more from him". Oh yeah? Since when? When have we ever expected anything from our pro athletes other than to provide entertainment. These people are children, celebrities and athletes alike. No responsibility, no accountability, and no common sense. If nothing else Stoudemire earned my respect. Sometimes we just have to punch stuff, even if it messes up your hand. My advice to him is to head butt instead, because basketball players really need their hands. So, although he isn't the best player to walk the earth, and he wears those goofy goggles, he has entered the elite group of players that I respect. ( In no particular order)

 
Ron Artest
Jermaine O'neal
Charles Barkley
Charles Oakley
John Starks
Karl Malone
Gary Payton
Shaquille O'neal
Patrick Ewing
Larry Johnson
Andrew Bynum
Dennis Rodman
Chris Anderson
Matt Barnes
Derek Fisher

That's what comes to mind, feel free to add more under the comment section. This is the "All Bad Ass Team". Players that don't care about the consequences, they just do it.  Amare, welcome to the team.
 (Notice that Latrell Sprewell is not on this list, he was for straight choking his coach, but was promptly removed when he refused a multi-million dollar contract saying, "That won't feed my family", what a Douche.)




No comments:

Post a Comment