FB

Follow Me on Twitter: twitter.com/danboschert

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Lakers free agency/trades

So we are in full offseason swing, which means new player additions via free agency or trades. My beloved Los Angeles Lakers have already made their mark by completing a sign and trade with the Phoenix Suns for my favorite point guard of all time: Steve Nash. It is obvious what the two time MVP and future hall of famer brings to the table, other than fantastic hair. Nash is a true point guard with court vision, legendarily efficient shooting and high basketball IQ. Pairing the likes of Nash with Kobe Bryant not only puts my two favorite players together, but is a dream come true for any lakers fan. Now the question on everyone's mind: Andrew Bynum or Dwight Howard. While the question may remain moot due to the lakers lack of financial flexibility, it is still possible, with a third team to take on some of the burden. What we all don't know is if Bynum will continue his strong play, or continue his childish behavior. Look, we don't expect much from our pro athletes anyway, and Bynum is young, but grow up already. Plus, Bynum can opt out next year anyway, so why not trade him for Howard? Howard is a man child himself, but at least he is a former DPOY, more than we can say of Drew. Don't get me wrong I like Bynum and what he brings to the table. I also would like to see Bynum stick around with the team that drafted him, being that I am a purist of the game and don't think players should ever be traded. So my opinion on the proposed Howard-Bynum switcharoo? Who knows and who cares. They are both good centers and will be a third option at best to Nash and Kobe, all they have to do is rebound and play defense, not too much to ask of a 7 footer. Topic change!!!! So what about Ron Artest errr Metta World Peace? Everyone has been talking for months about how the lakers should use their amnesity clause on him and dump his contract. Why? He is a top defender and can shoot. Well I lied he can't shoot, but you could bring him off the bench for some toughness. Now you argue that he is paid way to much to come off the bench. True, but they are all over paid anyway do what's the difference. The lakers still need some good shooters off the bench, so scan the free agent list. Okay now keep in mind the lakers have no money and check that list again. Who you got? Well if MWP indeed gets relieved of wearing the coveted purple and gold, that could free up a few bucks and let LA get say: OJ Mayo? Mayo is a legit shooter/scorer who I think would fit pretty well. Or on a role player scale, roger mason jr or rasual butler, both of whom I despise, but can knock down open jumpers. Oh well all I am doing is speculating and living out my role as GM. Whatever they do short of signing me to a ten year contract won't be that exciting anyway. I look forward to watching this upcoming season though even if half the teams are blown up an the other half are stacked. I see that new CBA is really working out for you guys!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment