FB

Follow Me on Twitter: twitter.com/danboschert

Monday, August 27, 2012

Dan's Top Ten Faves: Energy Drinks

After no so careful consideration I have decided to start a little mini series within my blog. No it's not DTF, sorry jersey shore fans. It is DTTF: Dan's Top Ten Faves, or "Favorites", for those of you who don't believe in sloppy abbr.'s(abbreviations). This pioneering moment begins with something near and dear to my heart, Energy Drinks. I am not a coffee drinker, so I have tried many different energy drinks to find one that offers good taste, and can actually wake me up in the morning. These are my findings.

10. NOS

The only real reason this one makes the list is the cool shaped bottle it comes in. The thing looks like a miniature nitrous bottle, which reminds all of us of "The fast and the furious". Aww yeah, great movie.

9. Xyience

The official energy drink of the UFC, that's pretty badass. Available in many different flavors and is zero calories, this drink tastes pretty good, but doesn't provide enough energy for me. It is much more affordable than most others, and has special edition cans with you're favorite cage fighters.

8. Monster

Monster has a cool logo, and that's about it. Too many calories in the standard drinks( yes they offer a zero calorie also), but they all taste like donkey pee. They don't provide a very good boost either. If you are wanting to look cool and impress a lady friend of yours, I suggest a green monster can with a matching hat and T-shirt, nothing says super douche like monster.

7. Rockstar

Rockstar has it made. Great
Name, check. Great logo, check. Good mixer, check. The taste is mediocre though. It provides adequate energy, but once again too many calories. It lands in this spot on the list due to the poor taste.

6. Amp

This is a tough one for me. Amp is one of the best tasting energy drinks out there. It combines the great mountain dew taste we all love, with a little extra zing. The problem I have with it, is the extra zing comes from very high amounts of sugar. In turn, the drink has a crash effect. It is just as high in calories as the rest of them, well over 200. When I feel nostalgic I grab a can and throw crash caution to the wind, cause its so damn good.

5. Full Throttle: Blue Demon

BA name. Extremely delicious. But it is more like a soda than a energy drink. Like amp, it is packed with sugar and causes a significant crash. It also doesn't provide much actual energy,. It is a good mixer though, and holds a special spot in my heart.

4. Full Throttle: Red Berry

If this list were based on taste alone , this would easily be #1. But it is a clone of the blue demon, and has many flaws. Still, it is like a treat when I can have one of these, and if I was to meet my untimely demise by drowning, I could only hope that the liquid in which I perish, would be Full Throttle: Red Berry.

3. Go Fast

Someone was really thinking when they came up with this name. Pretty awesome. After drinking these you feel
like you could legitimately run a marathon. The taste leaves something to be desired, but with this kind of boost, who cares right? Makes me feel like Ricky Bobby when I slam one down. " Down Karen!!!!"

2. Red Bull

The original and formerly #1 in my heart. Red bull is the real deal. Good taste and good rush. Unfortunately I have found a better solution for my energy needs, and it is........

1. Rockstar: 2X Energy

This is amazing. It literally has double the caffeine of a normal energy drink, and you can definitely tell. The taste is some kind of citrus brought down by Zeus from mount olympus, captured from the dew from the plants that inhabit his fair homeland. I can drink one at 8pm and be up until like 4 in the morning. Those numbers don't lie friend, go get one, now. The best part is they achieve this and keep it at 15 calories, so you don't have to feel super guilty when chugging it. I don't always drink energy drinks, but when I do, I prefer Rockstar: 2X Energy. Stay thirsty my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment